As the holidays approach rapidly, that means it is time for gift giving! It can be easy to forget your pup in the chaos of the holidays, but here are 4 ideas so your pup doesn’t get forgotten.
A Matching Bandanna and Mask Set
This ensures that you and your pup hit the town in style and safely! There are many options available online at places such as Etsy that allow you to support small businesses and get a handmade gift for your favorite dog or dog owner. Here are some of my favorites:
A Treat Toy
Intended to mimic the experience of hunting prey, these types of toys wobble around while your dog paws at it. It rocks back and forth, and your pup will be obsessed with the magic dispenser that they can’t predict or conquer. Here is an example: The Game Dog Toy. Other options for similar products are Snuffle Mats. They allow dogs to find dry food or treats that you’ve hidden. It is a stimulating activity that dogs love. It also serves as a way to extend food and playtime for your pup every day. This Snuffle Mat has great reviews, is easy to fill, and machine washable.PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat
This company ships out a box either once a month or every three, six, or twelve months that give your dog themed and customized treats and toys! My dog at home LOVES the treats and toys that come to our door and it makes Barkbox day her favorite day of the month! Completely customizable with great customer service, Barkbox is a gift that every dog will appreciate. Get one here: Barkbox Subscription
A New Leash and Collar Set
Every dog and dog owner appreciates a new leash and collar that gets worn and used daily. They also allow the owner and dog to express themselves to every other pet and human! You can get fun colored ones like this or even customized ones like this! Also important are holders for their leashes! Here is a cool handmade one!
No matter how a pet comes into your life, there is a bond that you share with it. Pets can be quirky, happy-go-lucky, weird, smart, grouchy, or even lazy. Whatever their personality the don’t ask for much but maybe a little attention, love and care. With the holidays right around the corner, it is a tradition that I highlight some of the unique pet safe toys, treats and equipment that I have found throughout the year. By no means will this list be all-inclusive, but if “mans-best-friend” is still on your shopping list, this may help give you some ideas that will please then.
Bike Tow Leash – From Amazon, this leash attaches to the left side of most bikes or wheelchairs. It allows you to walk or run your dog without worrying that the dog or the leash will become entangled in your bike wheels.
Mudbuster Paw Cleaner – Also available on Amazon, this cup with a silicone top and tendrils inside allow you to wash off your dog’s paws one at a time quickly and without a mess.
Bacon Bubble Blower – Sorry to burst your bubble, but this toy will keep your dog popping with excitement as it chases these 100% non toxic, tear free bubbles that are made from a bubble blower that is also available on Amazon.
Bark Snoot Scoops – From Bark Shop, this ice cream treat is the perfect way to keep cool next summer especially after laying out by the pool. Its’ ingredients include nonfat dried whole milk, dried cane molasses, dried banana and blueberries, goat’s milk, vanilla and gelatin.
Splatter Pet Sweatshirt – These sweatshirts are a trendy sweater that supports a good cause. The company that makes these-Found My Animal-gives back to shelter dogs in need and promotes adoption with every purchase.
Furbo Dog Camera – If you have a need to check in with your pet while you are away, this camera is highly recommended and has some fun features, like 2-way audio and the ability to dispense treats.
Wild One Carrier – Not only is this pet carrier stylish, it is waterproof, padded for your comfort, breathable, and has a unique cut out so your pet can see what is going on.
Pet Teepee Tent – This pet oasis definitely won’t be an eyesore in your home. Plus, it is comfortable, machine-washable, and the price won’t break the bank. It is made by Huts and Bay.
NOW FOR THE CAT LOVERS!
Bergen Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy This toy stands out as a clear winner thanks to its combination of durable scratch pad, entertaining ball track and irresistible catnip.
Petstages Tower of Tracks Available on Amazon, this track toy combines three levels of circular tracks, each with their own brightly colored ball. It is intended to stimulate your cat’s instincts and encourage them to play. The balls are fixed in place thanks to closed tracks. It encourages the cats to play independently, but also provides options for you to play with your cat. Multiple cats can also play.
Hexburg Mouse Cat Toy It is if your cat loves to pounce and chase. With realistic and random movements, your cat will have hours of fun with this mouse. It is able to navigate around furniture, can flip back onto its feet when overturned, but is suitable for hard wood floors only.
Friends Forever Cat Laser Toy It is packed full of features that means that your cat will be kept entertained and exercised through healthy play. The eye-catching diamond shaped pointer on the top of the toy is designed to attract your cat by rotating to cast a laser in a range of unpredictable directions.
From all of us here at the Olsen Veterinary Clinic, we would like to wish each and everyone a warm, blessed, and safe holiday season with hope for a very prosperous and healthy 2020. Please don’t hesitate to call us at (618)-656-5868 if you have any concerns or questions.
Christmas is a time for giving, so why not give something to that family member that is there for you unconditionally. No I am not talking about your spouse or children—I am talking about your pet. Throughout the year, I make note of items or websites that can offer quality and safe products for your furrbaby. While most are websites that have quality products, I have included a few toys that may be attractive to you and your pet.
- Petsafe Busy Buddy dog toys – There are many toys made by this company including the Nobbly Nubbly Dog Toy. This company makes playtime with your pet last longer by dispensing treats as your pet plays. The toys are designed for specific purposes or specific kinds of play.
- Bumble Ball Motorized Dog Toy – This toy is a “blast-from-the-past”. It is a retro toy brought back from the early 1990’s. Your pets go crazy trying to catch the bumpy ball. Pets are entertained with unpredictable jumps, shakes, wiggles and bumbles. This is not a chew toy and is not recommended for aggressive dogs.
- Barkbox.com– Who doesn’t like to receive packages in the mail. Your pet will. This is a company that sends out boxes monthly for your pet that is similar to the fruit of the month subscriptions but it is for your pet. You can order a 6 or 12 month plan so that every month you will receive a box that contains 2 toys that are not fuzzy, 2 full bags of treats, and 2 meaty chew treats. The costs for the boxes start at $29, but you will get over a $45 value in each box.
- Meowingtons.com –For the cat fanciers that are trying to find the purrfect gift for the cat lover or their pet. The company has a selection of items for the owner and pet toys to keep the cat active or looking cute.
- Pet DNA testing –There are many companies out there, but these tests are available for both cats and dogs. By knowing the breed makeup of your pet, you can get an idea of what issues might be forthcoming to your pet due to its breed.
- Tipsyelves.com– Ooh, baby it is cold outside. We can’t let our fur babies go outside without them being protected from the elements this holiday season. So why not get them a festive sweater to help make them look dapper and in the holiday spirit. These are quality products that come in a number of different styles.
At this time, I would like to thank all of my clients for making 2018 a prosperous year and wish each and every one of you a joyous holiday season. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us or give us a call at 656-5868.